I moved this information here because the Rebate Sites page has grown quite a bit. Not to mention, it seemed like a lot of extra information that may not be necessary for some. Since I do feel that it could still be useful to others, I opted to make it it’s own page and expand on it as well.
If you like, you can easily skip this and go right to the page that contains the actual Rebate Sites.
For those that are not familiar with the rebating process, basically I pay up front, then receive my money back at a later time. Sometimes I get all of my money back, other times I have to just pay the tax and maybe if other fees apply.
Rebate payments could be sent via PayPal, gift card, check, bank deposit, and more. There are some requirements like providing order numbers, PayPal address, or screenshots. In some cases, they require seller feedback or a survey, etc. This is not the same as doing an Amazon review.
I find my rebates through several different sources. For regular orders, I mostly rely on the companies I have listed on the Rebate Sites page. More will be added soon when I have more time. There’s a lot of scammers out there so you have to be really careful who you deal with. I have a lot of groups that I belong to that have been incredibly helpful. There’s several great agents to work with but make sure they are verified by someone or a group you trust.
There is an glossary of terms below if you’re unsure of anything I’m referring to. More will be added soon.
- MY REBATES ALBUM
Since December 2019, I have personally received over $7,500 in items, free after rebate. This includes clothing, auto items, tons of phone chargers, flags, security cameras, lots of fidget toys, gaming accessories, exercise equipment, jewelry, household items, toys, holiday trinkets, pet items, gun accessories, and more. Click album to see a few.
Avoid Doing Amazon Reviews
I do Not recommend writing reviews on Amazon in exchange for receiving any items. It’s against Amazon’s community standards. It’s just not worth it for a few reasons. You may not always get a great item and now your stuck doing a four or five star review. If you don’t then either you lose the money or you have to return it. No matter what tricks you use to avoid detection, Amazon will eventually find out that you exchanged a review for an item, and then wipe your account. That means that your reviews will be removed and you can no longer write new ones, do ratings, or post questions. You can still order, have Prime, and leave seller feedback.
Follow Every Step To Ensure Payment
Always know what is expected before completing a purchase. When you purchase the item, verify it’s the correct one. There may be a specified size or color. Amazon sometimes will offer a coupon for the item. Ask if you should use it or not. Make sure you follow through if you promise to share the item on social media, take a survey, or whatever it may be. If you are dealing with an agent, stay in touch.
Keep Track Of Every Transaction!
I’m obsessed with spreadsheets, but this is so helpful. I notate when I ordered, what I paid, when I got my refund, and all other details. I forget easily and this really can get out of hand if you don’t pay attention. Once, I lost payment on a hoodie because I never notated the agent I originally spoke to. Months later, I was actually able to locate the chat and contacted the agent. I managed to still get my refund.
Beware Of Scams
Any activity on Facebook will leave you open to new scammers. If you join any groups associated with rebate sites or anything similar, you may start getting strange new messages. A lot of people troll these groups. I get tons asking if I’m a US Amazon reviewer. They blow up my inbox with pics of items they promise for free. I never do business with anyone that randomly reaches out to me. I do a lot of research before I deal with any agents. At the very least, I make sure someone has verified them first.
VERIFIED REBATE SITES
My List Of Rebate Sites. These have all been verified by me. I have had at least one successful transaction with each of them. As I test out other companies, they will be added. All sites have no review items, but may also contain sections for review requests. Be careful when applying to purchase items.
- PRIME SHIPPING
If you don’t already have it, you are going to want to get Prime. It’s $12.99 a month, but you might be able to get it at a reduced rate. If you are a student, see if you qualify to pay $6.49. Or pay only $5.99, if you are an EBT/Medicaid recipient. I posted some information about this here.
I just added this section to help break down a few things. Depending on how much I end up adding, it could get transferred to another page. In the meantime, please let me know if there’s anything that you need help with.
- Verified Seller: Someone you trust has vouched for the seller so it is more likely you will not be scammed.
- Ratings: Basically if you can do reviews on Amazon, you can do ratings. There are two different kinds of ratings. Yellow and Blue.
- Yellow Ratings: Once Amazon wipes your account, you can no longer do yellow ratings.
- Blue Ratings: Whether you can do reviews or not, you can still do blue ratings. These need to be done on a browser. It is found by doing the following. There are tabs along the top starting with “All”. Click on either your browsing history or your Amazon. For example, mine says “LadySkullshine’s Amazon”. Once you click on that, it opens a new row of tabs. Click “Improve Your Recommendations”. You will see all of your purchases. On the right hand side, you’ll see where you can mark a five star rating.
- Seller Feedback: This option is available on Amazon for everyone, even if your account is wiped. Click Orders, View Order Details, This is where you can click five star, and then leave your feedback about the shipping portion of the order. Once you have submitted it, it is posted immediately. Click on the next tab to view your completed feedback. Take a screenshot to send if needed.
- Wiped Account: When Amazon suspects any strange activity on your account, they will start the wiping process. You will receive an email advising of this. Eventually your reviews are removed, you lose your ability to create new ones. They also remove your ability to give yellow ratings or to ask questions in the review section.